COVID-19 Library Updates
We Need Your Help to Stay Open
our library staff. We want our staff to continue being healthy so we can remain open and serving you. Please know at any given time we are working with reduced staff teams in the building to reduce exposure. While the library is typically a welcoming gathering place for our community, during this phase, we discourage hanging out in the library.
- If you or a family member are sick, experiencing symptoms of illness, or in quarantine, keep the library materials you have and safely stay home.
- We strongly encourage curbside pickup for your already requested materials. The process is quick and easy for your convenience.
- Our curbside services can also assist with printing or faxing documents. Please ask if this would benefit you.
- Request materials online and we will notify you when they are ready. Don’t miss some of these great recommended reads.
- We encourage you to ask us to pull themed or specific materials for you. We are here to help and know our collection quite well. We may even be able to locate some different items that you may not have thought of. Any of these materials can be picked up through curbside as well.
- Reduced capacity limits remain in place for everyone’s safety.
- Minimize the number of family members that visit the library together.
- We also ask that you keep your library visits to limited time to mitigate exposure.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please stay safe and well.
The Library is partially open with social distancing and capacity limits and reduced hours. During this phase we will continue to offering curbside services and virtual and outdoor programming.
Public Open Hours:
Monday, Wednesday – 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday – 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Friday, Saturday – 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Some guidelines include the following:
- A face mask is mandatory in all municipal buildings.
- Maximum building capacity – 37 people. If the building has reached capacity, the doors will be locked and customers will be asked to wait outside.
- Seating areas within the library will be removed.
- No toys will be available during this time.
- Computer workstations will be placed 6’ apart which allows for four public workstations available.
- Any returned items will stay on your account of at least 24 hours to go through the quarantine process. This time is taken into consideration when checking in items. You will not receive fines due to quarantine times.
We are pleased to announce Contactless Curbside Pickup at Friday Memorial Library.
If you are interested in this service, please follow this procedure.
This service is available by appointment ONLY during the following hours:
Mon, Wed – 10:00 am – 4:45 pm | Tues, Thurs – 11:00 am – 6:45 pm | Fri, Sat – 10:00 am – 1:45 pm
In effort to remove barriers and increase access during this challenging time, Friday Memorial Library is temporarily eliminating overdue library fees. To this point, collected library fines go to our building fund, however at this time, we know the importance of our services and want to ensure everyone has fair and equitable access.
Q: Can I request materials online?
A: Yes, you can resume requesting materials through the MORE catalog and with WISCAT, the state inter-library loan system. You can request your materials as usual, but it will take a while longer for us to receive your items. Once they are received you will be notified that they are ready for pickup.
Q: My requests are still in-transit, why is it taking so long?
A: To ensure safe handling of library materials all items moving between libraries are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours.
Q: When requested materials arrive, how long do I have to pick them up?
A: Once requested materials arrive at the library, we notify you that they are here by phone, email or text message. You will have up to 2 weeks to pick up the items before they are returned to the owning library or moved on to the next patron.
Q: Are you still offering curbside pickup? How does it work?
A: Here is our procedure for curbside pickup.
Q: My materials appear to still be checked out on my account, but I returned them. Why are they still on my account?
A: In the interest of safety, we are quarantining all materials for a minimum of 24 hours before we handle them or check them in from your account. We are doing our best to keep up with the volume of returns in a timely fashion, thank you for your patience.
Q: Will there be overdue charges on the materials I returned?
A: No, there will be no overdue charges. Once materials have come out of quarantine, we will backdate them to the date they were returned and clear them from your account. Even at that time, there will be no overdue charges for materials returned late.
Q: When can I return items?
A: Our curbside bookdrop is open all the time. Any library materials including DVDs, CDs, Launchpads and Hotspots can be returned in the outdoor drop box. Feel free to return your items at your convenience.
ALERT NEW RICHMOND
Receive notifications about utility disruptions, road closures, emergency situations, and more via text message, email, and/or voice message.
CLICK HERE to sign up and start receiving Alerts from the City of New Richmond.
The City of New Richmond has placed WiFi hotspots around the New Richmond community. Use password: NRStrong.